“By 2016, DevOps will evolve from niche to a mainstream strategy employed by 25 percent of Global 2000 organizations. DevOps movement is really picking up momentum. Many conferences, blogs, mailing lists these days are talking about how and why this transformation is eventually inevitable
How to get involved?
DevOps is an attitude where most of the software development organizations want to be in, to make a difference to cooperate and communicate. Sysadmins, developers, along with testers, need to be involved for success of the DevOps movement:
- Sysadmins need to spend time with the developers to know their way around the code base. They should start thinking about systems management as a programming task, learn using required tools to manage machines, and think about how to test infrastructure.
- Developers should not view sysadmins as lower life forms, or as people to lob problems to. They should go and join in mingle with them, and start contributing to the code base.
When to Use DevOps?
- To improve testing capabilities in order to support Agile & DevOps goals
- For frequent deployments to meet their business need
Benefits of DevOps
- Ensures faster release cycle
- Improves ROI
- Improves collaboration between teams – Business / Dev / Ops
Cigniti’s Agile and DevOps Advisory services are focused on helping clients identify key areas of improvement, benchmark and align their Agile / DevOps processes to industry best practices, design target operating model to maximize the investments, and provide recommendations and roadmap to establish a high maturity Agile DevOps Organization.